I love my food but to be honest I was over cooking, trying to come up with new, fresh recipes week in week out. That was until I got my hot little hands on these magic bottles of alchemy. I have rediscovered my love of cooking. It has made an AH-MAZING difference to the flavours of my regular tried and tested weekly dinners, Spaghetti Bolognese has never tasted so good!! and I am once again experimenting. Here are a few of my favourites….
PEPPERMINT AND ALMOND FUDGE
- 2 ½ cups Raw Almonds
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 ½ cups Soft Pitted Medjool Dates
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 5 drops dōTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
- Soak the pitted medjool dates in hot water for 30 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Roast the almonds in a 180 degree oven for 10 minutes. Allow them to cool
- Place the almonds in your food processor along with the salt and blitz on a fast speed for up to 10 minutes until you have smooth nut butter.
- Add in all other ingredients and combine until you have a smooth fudgy consistency.
STIR FRY NOODLES
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 long red chillies
- 1 bunch spring onion, cut into pieces
- 25g ginger, thinly sliced
- 500g cooked rice noodles (or other noodles of your choice)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8 long red chillies, halved and seeds removed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup peanut oil (or alternative oil of your choice)
- 1 drop dōTERRA Ginger essential oil
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- To make the chilli sauce, combine chili and garlic in a food processer until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a wok oh high heat, and then reduce heat to medium and add chili mixture and ginger essential oil. Cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add soy sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until the sauce has darkened and the oil has separated.
- Heat pan to high heat, brush wombok with 1 tbs peanut oil (or oil you have chosen) for 1-2 minutes each side and set aside.
- Combine 80ml of the chilli sauce with soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Add spring onion and ginger and your favourite vegetables to wok, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes before adding noodles. Cook for a few minutes then add stir-fry sauce and cooking until noodles are well coasted.
- Add ½ water and toss before adding cabbage, and tossing again to combine.
- Top with chili and bean sprouts. Drizzle with 1 tbc chilli sauce and serve with remaining chili sauce on the side.
WILD ORANGE BLISS BALLS
I love these bliss balls, I often make them for an easy snack when I am running workshops/classes and events to break up the morning and keep us all energised and engaged. Super nutritious and delicious!.
- 1 Cup of finely shredded coconut
(Divided into two portions)
• 1 Cup of almond butter
• 1 Cup of dried cranberries
• 1/2 Cup of raw honey
• 1/2 Tablespoon of salt
• 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
• 3 drops dōTERRAWild Orange Essential Oil
Place all ingredients except 1/2 cup of coconut in mixer
Mix until well combined
Roll into balls and coat with remaining coconut
PINEAPPLE AND NECTARINE SALSA
This salsa is incredibly bright, fresh, and beautiful! It is scrumptious by itself, with chips, or over fish tacos. Any way you decide to serve it, it’ll be a popular plate.
- 1 pineapple, sliced and diced
- 2 small nectarines, diced (if you want more nectarine, feel free to put more in)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced (about half a medium onion)
- 5 drops Lime essential oil
- 2 drops Cilantro
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Allow salsa to sit and chill for at least four hours before eating to allow time for flavors to marinate and maximize.
- Rest for 4 hours before serving
These popsicles are so delicious, no one will believe they are healthy!
4 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 drop Peppermint oil
1 cup milk (feel free to make this dairy free by using almond or soy milk)
4 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
3 tbsp honey
1/2 c. milk
1 drop Lime
For either recipes, just put all the ingredients in a blender and pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Enjoy once frozen!